EPA Names 2014 Green Power Leaders
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced its annual Green Power Leadership Awards, recognizing 19 Green Power Partners and four suppliers across the country for achievements in advancing the nation’s renewable energy market and reducing greenhouse gas emissions .
The award winners use a combined total of more than 7.6 billion kWh of green power annually, according the EPA.
The award-winning partners were chosen for their exemplary use of green power from more than 1,300 partner organizations that comprise EPA’s Green Power Partnership. Utilities, renewable energy project developers and other green power suppliers are eligible to apply for the Green Power Supplier award.
Through the Green Power Partnership, EPA works with partner organizations to use green power as a way to reduce the environmental impacts associated with conventional electricity use. Partners include Fortune 500 companies; small and medium sized businesses; local, state, and federal governments; and colleges and universities.
Green Power Leadership Award winners include the following:
- Green Power Partner of the Year: Apple, BD, Google, and Oklahoma State University.
- Green Power Purchasing: City of Houston, Texas; City of Beaverton, Oregon; Town of Peterborough, New Hampshire; Herman Miller; Philadelphia Insurance Companies; Steelcase; REI; Trek Bicycle; and June Key Delta Community Center in Portland, Oregon.
- On-Site Generation: City of Las Vegas, Nevada; and City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Sustained Excellence in Green Power: Intel and Kohl’s Department Stores.
- Green Power Community of the Year: Medford, Oregon; and Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
- Green Power Supplier of the Year: 3DegreesGroup, Portland General Electric, Renewable Choice Energy, and Washington Gas Energy Services in Herndon, Virginia.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds