EPA Names Partners with Most On-Site Power
Walmart tops the US Environmental Protection Agency’s list of organizations within its Green Power Partnership generating the most on-site renewable electricity. Walmart is head and shoulders above other partners, generating nearly 175 million kWh of electricity annually, while the second-place spot is taken by BMW, generating about 71 million kWh annually.
EPA’s Green Power Partnership works with more than 1,400 organizations to voluntarily purchase green power. Overall, EPA’s Green Power Partners are using more than 24 billion kWh of green power annually.
Of the top five Partners with on-site renewable power, Coca-Cola Refreshments comes in at number 3, generating about 47 million kWh each year; followed by the US Air Force (37 million kWh) and Kohl’s Department Stores (36 million kWh).
Usage amounts reflect US operations only and are sourced from US-based green power resources. the usage figures are based on annualized Partner contract amounts (kilowatt-hours), not calendar year totals.
Organizations can meet EPA Partnership requirements using any combination of three different product options: (1) Renewable Energy Certificates, (2) On-site generation, and (3) Utility green power products.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement