Equinix Finds $1.3 Million of Annual Energy Savings for Singapore Data Center
SynapSense Corporation, a provider of data center infrastructure management (DCIM), and data center interconnection company Equinix employed SynapSense’s Environmental Monitoring and Active Control in a study that found savings of more than 8 million kWh, equivalent to $1.3 million annually, for the Equinix Singapore data center.
The data center cooling efficiency study was the result of more than six months of work by SynapSense and Equinix after the companies were chosen in 2012 as winners of the Green Data Center Innovation Challenge by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA).
The Green Data Center Innovation Challenge was sponsored by the IDA to help improve energy efficiency in the Singapore data center sector. SynapSense and Equinix were one of four consortiums selected by the IDA to help improve energy efficiency as much as 35 percent in Singapore’s data center sector.
The recent project at Equinix’s data center also featured the first implementation of IDA’s new SS564 Green Data Center Standard’s cooling and power distribution energy efficiency metrics, with continuous real-time monitoring on the SynapSense Web Console. The SynapSense Data Center Optimization Platform established an accurate baseline of the data center’s energy use, reported air flow management metrics, and tracked the cooling and power system’s efficiency before and after the implementation of the energy efficiency measures.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation