ERCOT Selects New CEO
The Board of Directors of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) has selected Bill Magness to become its president and chief executive officer when the incumbent in the position, Trip Doggett, retires in 2016.
Magness currently serves as general counsel and senior vice president for Governance, Risk and Compliance at the Austin–based Independent System Operator. Immediately prior to joining ERCOT in September 2010, he was a partner for more than 10 years in the law firm Casey Gentz & Magness, which focuses on state electric and telecommunications law issues. He has a long record of public service in Texas, having previously served as chief of the Office of Customer Protection for the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT); assistant public counsel, PUCT; and assistant US attorney, United States Attorney’s Office.
His predecessor Doggett has been with ERCOT since 2000, first as a consultant and then as president and CEO starting in 2010. Previously, he worked 22 years with Duke Energy in the area of transmission substation engineering and was part of the team that launched the California ISO (CAL-ISO).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash