ESP/SurgeX Expands Energy Management Portfolio
ESP/SurgeX has partnered with Verdiem to address plug load energy waste problems in commercial buildings. The partnership combines Verdiem’s Surveyor software with ESP/SurgeX power protection technology.
Surveyor allows organizations to centrally enforce energy efficiency polices and manage the power states of distributed PC fleets. It identifies and tracks the usage and energy consumption of desktop PCs and allows IT to control PC power consumption by department, location, device type and employee. In addition to extending enterprise quality wake functionality, Surveyor monitors end user print activity across an entire printer fleet and compiles data that highlights inefficiencies directly related to how end users interact with their print environment.
The software is currently available with ESP Next Gen Power Conditioning System and Digital QC products.
A study on virtual energy assessments conducted with nine Boston buildings found that plug loads represent a significant portion of energy use in commercial buildings and that tenant engagement and plug load reductions are currently under-incentivized by utilities and existing energy efficiency programs.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management