ESP/SurgeX Expands Energy Management Portfolio
ESP/SurgeX has partnered with Verdiem to address plug load energy waste problems in commercial buildings. The partnership combines Verdiem’s Surveyor software with ESP/SurgeX power protection technology.
Surveyor allows organizations to centrally enforce energy efficiency polices and manage the power states of distributed PC fleets. It identifies and tracks the usage and energy consumption of desktop PCs and allows IT to control PC power consumption by department, location, device type and employee. In addition to extending enterprise quality wake functionality, Surveyor monitors end user print activity across an entire printer fleet and compiles data that highlights inefficiencies directly related to how end users interact with their print environment.
The software is currently available with ESP Next Gen Power Conditioning System and Digital QC products.
A study on virtual energy assessments conducted with nine Boston buildings found that plug loads represent a significant portion of energy use in commercial buildings and that tenant engagement and plug load reductions are currently under-incentivized by utilities and existing energy efficiency programs.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation