ESRI Market to Grow to 12.7GW by 2025
A report from Navigant Research says that the energy storage systems for renewable energy integration (ESRI) market will grow from 196.2 MW this year to 12.7 GW in 2025.
The ESRI market faces challenges. These energy sources – such as wind and solar – fluctuate and therefore are non-dispatchable. Grids are centralized and rely on predictable power flows. Despite the obstacles, the ESRI market is growing and, with it, the energy storage systems (ESS) that will enable the two types of systems to work together.
The main driver of the growth is the decreasing cost of advanced batteries. Declining prices and new system integrators are creating new use cases and geographic markets, the press release says.
The report — which is entitled “Energy Storage for Renewables Integration” — focuses on commercial ESRI, residential ESRI, utility-scale solar integration and utility-scale wind integration.
A report by The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is aimed at helping countries integrate renewables into their power grids. The story on the report last week in pv-magazine says that policy makers play a central role in the transition.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Combined Heat and Power
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection