Evaporative Condenser for Refrigeration Combats Rust
Johnson Controls added the ECOSS stainless steel evaporative condenser to its Frick line of industrial refrigeration products. The unit is designed to combat problems from changes in water treatment chemistry that can lead to white rust, corrosion and decreased product life in conventional galvanized steel condensers.
Stainless steel is also lighter than galvanized steel, so roofs and mounting platforms do not have to be built with the same load-bearing capacity. Stainless steel inherently resists scale formation, so that units require less cleaning and passivation downtime. The ECOSS evaporative condenser also incorporates Frick’s direct and variable speed drive fan options for reduced energy use.
Originally designed for remote applications without adequate water treatment facilities, the ECOSS evaporative condenser has been proven to deliver twice the average lifespan of conventional galvanized evaporative condensers – with total lifetime savings of up to 70 percent, says Johnson Controls.
The company also says the ECOSS unit is ideally suited for use in the North American food and beverage market.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BuildingIQ Security
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement