Even HVAC Vents are ‘Intelligent’
EcoNet Controls is selling a controllable HVAC vent register: the Z-Wave Z-Vent. The Z-Vent allows automatic and intelligent control of room venting by shutting off air-flow to rooms when they are unoccupied or by automatically controlling the temperature for each room.
The Z-Vent is compatible with most Z-Wave controllers and Z-Wave control software allowing scheduling and temperature and occupancy automation of heating or AC air-flow in homes or businesses.
Various vent sizes are available. The vent can be programmed to enable users to remotely control the amount of air that gets vented into any room. The units, available in various sizes and colors, could be controlled through virtually any Z-Wave-enabled automation system, but out of the gate it can be used with the VeraLite controller from Mi Casa Verde. The controller offers a simple start-up configuration and pre-programmed smart-vent scenes.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds