Even Sailors Care about Energy Management
Delivered through computer-based training, it is aimed at personnel both on ships and in shore offices. The interactive content is based on the ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard.
An increasing number of organizations in the shipping industry are moving to the ISO 50001 standard, notes Videotel, adding that slow steaming, efficient route planning and careful bunkering operations all combine to reduce energy consumption.
Videotel’s course not only deals with the processes involved, but also can be used as a way to educate and motivate key players both on the vessel and ashore as to why this is happening and what it means for them, says The Digital Ship.
Videotel’s ISO 50001 Energy Management Training Course is estimated to require six guided learning hours.
As the requests for sustainability data increase, the sustainability reporting chain becomes more complex. Understanding how to streamline your reporting chain is essential for keeping pace with these demands. The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain White Paper explores how to help simplify this increasingly complex process and optimize your reporting. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management