Even Sailors Care about Energy Management
Delivered through computer-based training, it is aimed at personnel both on ships and in shore offices. The interactive content is based on the ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard.
An increasing number of organizations in the shipping industry are moving to the ISO 50001 standard, notes Videotel, adding that slow steaming, efficient route planning and careful bunkering operations all combine to reduce energy consumption.
Videotel’s course not only deals with the processes involved, but also can be used as a way to educate and motivate key players both on the vessel and ashore as to why this is happening and what it means for them, says The Digital Ship.
Videotel’s ISO 50001 Energy Management Training Course is estimated to require six guided learning hours.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex