Even Sailors Care about Energy Management
Delivered through computer-based training, it is aimed at personnel both on ships and in shore offices. The interactive content is based on the ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard.
An increasing number of organizations in the shipping industry are moving to the ISO 50001 standard, notes Videotel, adding that slow steaming, efficient route planning and careful bunkering operations all combine to reduce energy consumption.
Videotel’s course not only deals with the processes involved, but also can be used as a way to educate and motivate key players both on the vessel and ashore as to why this is happening and what it means for them, says The Digital Ship.
Videotel’s ISO 50001 Energy Management Training Course is estimated to require six guided learning hours.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Let's Do The Math for DR