Even Sailors Care about Energy Management
Delivered through computer-based training, it is aimed at personnel both on ships and in shore offices. The interactive content is based on the ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard.
An increasing number of organizations in the shipping industry are moving to the ISO 50001 standard, notes Videotel, adding that slow steaming, efficient route planning and careful bunkering operations all combine to reduce energy consumption.
Videotel’s course not only deals with the processes involved, but also can be used as a way to educate and motivate key players both on the vessel and ashore as to why this is happening and what it means for them, says The Digital Ship.
Videotel’s ISO 50001 Energy Management Training Course is estimated to require six guided learning hours.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management