Evergreen State College Monitors Energy with eSight
Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., chose eSight energy management software to examine energy usage across its campus portfolio.
The college had previously been using Excel spreadsheets to manage the campus’ energy records but decided to upgrade to eSight’s software to aggregate its data into a single, central database.
The college is required by the state of Washington to use the EPA’s Portfolio Manager to calculate its Energy Star score. Since eSight’s software integrates with Energy Star, that was a selling point for the school. Evergreen is able to directly integrate its existing Energy Star Portfolio Manager account with eSight to obtain Energy Performance Scores, benchmark buildings, and apply comparative analytics, via eSight’s Energy Star Module.
Energy Points also recently announced its software can link with Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager.
In addition to financial and energy analysis techniques, Evergreen chose eSight’s Tenant Billing Module to calculate tenant’s charges based on actual usage or apportionment groups.
eSight uses 100-percent-Web-enabled technology to monitor data from a variety of energy related systems, including meters and loggers, building automation and control systems, production data and data from any utility type including electricity, natural gas, water, steam, compressed air and temperature.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Let's Do The Math for DR