Evergreen State College Monitors Energy with eSight
Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., chose eSight energy management software to examine energy usage across its campus portfolio.
The college had previously been using Excel spreadsheets to manage the campus’ energy records but decided to upgrade to eSight’s software to aggregate its data into a single, central database.
The college is required by the state of Washington to use the EPA’s Portfolio Manager to calculate its Energy Star score. Since eSight’s software integrates with Energy Star, that was a selling point for the school. Evergreen is able to directly integrate its existing Energy Star Portfolio Manager account with eSight to obtain Energy Performance Scores, benchmark buildings, and apply comparative analytics, via eSight’s Energy Star Module.
Energy Points also recently announced its software can link with Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager.
In addition to financial and energy analysis techniques, Evergreen chose eSight’s Tenant Billing Module to calculate tenant’s charges based on actual usage or apportionment groups.
eSight uses 100-percent-Web-enabled technology to monitor data from a variety of energy related systems, including meters and loggers, building automation and control systems, production data and data from any utility type including electricity, natural gas, water, steam, compressed air and temperature.
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- EL Insights: Green Plastics
- ISO 50001: Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Guide to Total Energy and Sustainability Management
- The Growing Trend of Sustainability Scorecards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders