Evergreen State College Monitors Energy with eSight
Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., chose eSight energy management software to examine energy usage across its campus portfolio.
The college had previously been using Excel spreadsheets to manage the campus’ energy records but decided to upgrade to eSight’s software to aggregate its data into a single, central database.
The college is required by the state of Washington to use the EPA’s Portfolio Manager to calculate its Energy Star score. Since eSight’s software integrates with Energy Star, that was a selling point for the school. Evergreen is able to directly integrate its existing Energy Star Portfolio Manager account with eSight to obtain Energy Performance Scores, benchmark buildings, and apply comparative analytics, via eSight’s Energy Star Module.
Energy Points also recently announced its software can link with Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager.
In addition to financial and energy analysis techniques, Evergreen chose eSight’s Tenant Billing Module to calculate tenant’s charges based on actual usage or apportionment groups.
eSight uses 100-percent-Web-enabled technology to monitor data from a variety of energy related systems, including meters and loggers, building automation and control systems, production data and data from any utility type including electricity, natural gas, water, steam, compressed air and temperature.
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement