Evergreen State College Monitors Energy with eSight
Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., chose eSight energy management software to examine energy usage across its campus portfolio.
The college had previously been using Excel spreadsheets to manage the campus’ energy records but decided to upgrade to eSight’s software to aggregate its data into a single, central database.
The college is required by the state of Washington to use the EPA’s Portfolio Manager to calculate its Energy Star score. Since eSight’s software integrates with Energy Star, that was a selling point for the school. Evergreen is able to directly integrate its existing Energy Star Portfolio Manager account with eSight to obtain Energy Performance Scores, benchmark buildings, and apply comparative analytics, via eSight’s Energy Star Module.
Energy Points also recently announced its software can link with Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager.
In addition to financial and energy analysis techniques, Evergreen chose eSight’s Tenant Billing Module to calculate tenant’s charges based on actual usage or apportionment groups.
eSight uses 100-percent-Web-enabled technology to monitor data from a variety of energy related systems, including meters and loggers, building automation and control systems, production data and data from any utility type including electricity, natural gas, water, steam, compressed air and temperature.
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems