Evergreen State College Monitors Energy with eSight
Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., chose eSight energy management software to examine energy usage across its campus portfolio.
The college had previously been using Excel spreadsheets to manage the campus’ energy records but decided to upgrade to eSight’s software to aggregate its data into a single, central database.
The college is required by the state of Washington to use the EPA’s Portfolio Manager to calculate its Energy Star score. Since eSight’s software integrates with Energy Star, that was a selling point for the school. Evergreen is able to directly integrate its existing Energy Star Portfolio Manager account with eSight to obtain Energy Performance Scores, benchmark buildings, and apply comparative analytics, via eSight’s Energy Star Module.
Energy Points also recently announced its software can link with Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager.
In addition to financial and energy analysis techniques, Evergreen chose eSight’s Tenant Billing Module to calculate tenant’s charges based on actual usage or apportionment groups.
eSight uses 100-percent-Web-enabled technology to monitor data from a variety of energy related systems, including meters and loggers, building automation and control systems, production data and data from any utility type including electricity, natural gas, water, steam, compressed air and temperature.
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles