Expanded Pipeline System Brings New Shale Gas Supplies to Northeast
NiSource Gas Transmission & Storage is constructing additional capacity on its Columbia Gas Transmission system to help meet increasing demand and transport Marcellus Shale gas produced in northern Pennsylvania to markets along the East Coast and in the mid-Atlantic region. The East Side Expansion project, which is supported by binding precedent agreements, will provide up to 310,000 dekatherms per day (Dth/d) of additional system capacity. The project calls for constructing additional pipeline capacity along an existing pipeline system, adding compression to an existing compressor station, and enhancing interconnects with Millennium Pipeline at Columbia’s Wagoner metering station and with Tennessee Gas Pipeline at Milford compressor station.
Construction on the expansion is expected to begin in early 2015 to meet a targeted in-service date in late 2015. NiSource has begun working with federal, state and local agencies, including the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and will continue to engage key stakeholders, landowners and customers throughout the planning and construction process.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room