Expanded Pipeline System Brings New Shale Gas Supplies to Northeast
NiSource Gas Transmission & Storage is constructing additional capacity on its Columbia Gas Transmission system to help meet increasing demand and transport Marcellus Shale gas produced in northern Pennsylvania to markets along the East Coast and in the mid-Atlantic region. The East Side Expansion project, which is supported by binding precedent agreements, will provide up to 310,000 dekatherms per day (Dth/d) of additional system capacity. The project calls for constructing additional pipeline capacity along an existing pipeline system, adding compression to an existing compressor station, and enhancing interconnects with Millennium Pipeline at Columbia’s Wagoner metering station and with Tennessee Gas Pipeline at Milford compressor station.
Construction on the expansion is expected to begin in early 2015 to meet a targeted in-service date in late 2015. NiSource has begun working with federal, state and local agencies, including the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and will continue to engage key stakeholders, landowners and customers throughout the planning and construction process.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex