Expanded Pipeline System Brings New Shale Gas Supplies to Northeast
NiSource Gas Transmission & Storage is constructing additional capacity on its Columbia Gas Transmission system to help meet increasing demand and transport Marcellus Shale gas produced in northern Pennsylvania to markets along the East Coast and in the mid-Atlantic region. The East Side Expansion project, which is supported by binding precedent agreements, will provide up to 310,000 dekatherms per day (Dth/d) of additional system capacity. The project calls for constructing additional pipeline capacity along an existing pipeline system, adding compression to an existing compressor station, and enhancing interconnects with Millennium Pipeline at Columbia’s Wagoner metering station and with Tennessee Gas Pipeline at Milford compressor station.
Construction on the expansion is expected to begin in early 2015 to meet a targeted in-service date in late 2015. NiSource has begun working with federal, state and local agencies, including the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and will continue to engage key stakeholders, landowners and customers throughout the planning and construction process.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement