Facebook Building Data Center in Ireland
Facebook said last week that it is building a data center in the small Irish village of Clonee, which is near Dublin.
The story at Venture Beat says that the facility, which will be located on a 227-acre site, will be entirely powered by renewables. In July, Facebook said it is building a data center in Fort Worth, Texas. It also has facilities in Altoona, IA; Forest City, N.C. and Luleå, Sweden. The company’s original datacenter is in Pineville, OR. The servers, storage equipment and networking gear in the facility will be designed by Facebook engineers, the story says.
Cooling is a huge issue for datacenters. Indirect evaporate cooling is a method that experts say holds promise for meeting this challenge.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection