Facebook Likes CA Technologies Software
Facebook is using CA Technologies data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software in its global data centers to bring together millions of energy-related data points from physical and IT resources to improve power efficiency.
Facebook reviewed a dozen vendors when it considered and completed a proof-of-concept. This was followed by a more extensive pilot in a 100,000-square-foot data center. Upon completion of the pilot, Facebook and CA created a custom solution to deliver on the energy-related DCIM requirements.
Facebook presented initial results of the Facebook and CA DCIM implementation at the Open Compute Project Summit 2014.
Facebook can now bring this energy-related data into their broader DCIM system for an even more complete view of overall system status. It can then analyze all of the data in aggregate to make decisions to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
CA DCIM provides a web-based centralized solution for monitoring power, cooling and environmental impacts across facilities and IT systems in the data center as well as managing the use of space and lifecycle of assets which make up the data center infrastructure.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management