Facebook Likes CA Technologies Software
Facebook is using CA Technologies data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software in its global data centers to bring together millions of energy-related data points from physical and IT resources to improve power efficiency.
Facebook reviewed a dozen vendors when it considered and completed a proof-of-concept. This was followed by a more extensive pilot in a 100,000-square-foot data center. Upon completion of the pilot, Facebook and CA created a custom solution to deliver on the energy-related DCIM requirements.
Facebook presented initial results of the Facebook and CA DCIM implementation at the Open Compute Project Summit 2014.
Facebook can now bring this energy-related data into their broader DCIM system for an even more complete view of overall system status. It can then analyze all of the data in aggregate to make decisions to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
CA DCIM provides a web-based centralized solution for monitoring power, cooling and environmental impacts across facilities and IT systems in the data center as well as managing the use of space and lifecycle of assets which make up the data center infrastructure.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing