Facebook Likes CA Technologies Software
Facebook is using CA Technologies data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software in its global data centers to bring together millions of energy-related data points from physical and IT resources to improve power efficiency.
Facebook reviewed a dozen vendors when it considered and completed a proof-of-concept. This was followed by a more extensive pilot in a 100,000-square-foot data center. Upon completion of the pilot, Facebook and CA created a custom solution to deliver on the energy-related DCIM requirements.
Facebook presented initial results of the Facebook and CA DCIM implementation at the Open Compute Project Summit 2014.
Facebook can now bring this energy-related data into their broader DCIM system for an even more complete view of overall system status. It can then analyze all of the data in aggregate to make decisions to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
CA DCIM provides a web-based centralized solution for monitoring power, cooling and environmental impacts across facilities and IT systems in the data center as well as managing the use of space and lifecycle of assets which make up the data center infrastructure.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project