Facility Managers One Target for Android Meter Reading App
Real estate managers who oversee multifamily dwellings are one of the target groups for SmartPhone Meter Reading LLC’s first fully-featured meter reader for Android smartphones. The app, the press release says, eliminates the need for expensive meter reading equipment.
The app can be downloaded via a text link. It uses the phone’s GPS technology to capture the coordinates of the location which, the company said, aids in dispute resolution, optimizes performance and helps locate meters and other field elements. Data from the meter is uploaded via cell or WiFi network. A photo of the meter or other object in the premises can be included. This furthers dispute resolution.
The Voice, a news site in Clinton Township, MI, reports that DTE Energy is installing 90,000 advanced electric meters in St. Clair County. The installations – the latest in the project – are being installed in seven communities. That part of the overall project began last month. More than 3 million meters will be deployed by the end of the year, the site says.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future