Factory Converts Coal-fired Boiler Plant to Gas-fired Boilers
Celanese completed a $150 million conversion of its Narrows, Virginia, operation from coal-fired boilers to natural-gas-fired boilers. The boilers generate the steam needed to run the plant’s electrical generators and processes.
The Celanese Narrows plant has been in operation for 75 years and is a producer of cellulose acetate tow, a natural product that is used for filtration applications.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- There’s Money in the Trash