Factory Opens in US, Making LEDs from GaN Technology
Soraa, a developer of gallium nitride on gallium nitride (GaN on GaN) LED technology, will open a new semiconductor fabrication plant in Buffalo, NY. The new facility is projected to open in 2015.
Soraa currently operates an LED fabrication plant in Fremont, Calif., one of only a few in the US.
Soraa will tightly control the product quality and intellectual property around its LEDs through a partnership with the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering in Albany, NY.
The company claims that GaN on GaN LEDs produce more light per LED material than any other LED; handle more electric current per area than any other LED; and the company’s crystals are up to a thousand times more precise than any other LED crystal.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement