Factory Opens in US, Making LEDs from GaN Technology
Soraa, a developer of gallium nitride on gallium nitride (GaN on GaN) LED technology, will open a new semiconductor fabrication plant in Buffalo, NY. The new facility is projected to open in 2015.
Soraa currently operates an LED fabrication plant in Fremont, Calif., one of only a few in the US.
Soraa will tightly control the product quality and intellectual property around its LEDs through a partnership with the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering in Albany, NY.
The company claims that GaN on GaN LEDs produce more light per LED material than any other LED; handle more electric current per area than any other LED; and the company’s crystals are up to a thousand times more precise than any other LED crystal.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room