Factory Opens in US, Making LEDs from GaN Technology
Soraa, a developer of gallium nitride on gallium nitride (GaN on GaN) LED technology, will open a new semiconductor fabrication plant in Buffalo, NY. The new facility is projected to open in 2015.
Soraa currently operates an LED fabrication plant in Fremont, Calif., one of only a few in the US.
Soraa will tightly control the product quality and intellectual property around its LEDs through a partnership with the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering in Albany, NY.
The company claims that GaN on GaN LEDs produce more light per LED material than any other LED; handle more electric current per area than any other LED; and the company’s crystals are up to a thousand times more precise than any other LED crystal.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management