Factory Opens in US, Making LEDs from GaN Technology
Soraa, a developer of gallium nitride on gallium nitride (GaN on GaN) LED technology, will open a new semiconductor fabrication plant in Buffalo, NY. The new facility is projected to open in 2015.
Soraa currently operates an LED fabrication plant in Fremont, Calif., one of only a few in the US.
Soraa will tightly control the product quality and intellectual property around its LEDs through a partnership with the SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering in Albany, NY.
The company claims that GaN on GaN LEDs produce more light per LED material than any other LED; handle more electric current per area than any other LED; and the company’s crystals are up to a thousand times more precise than any other LED crystal.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- BuildingIQ Security
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement