FCS Collects Building Data Wirelessly
The FCS OmniColl building performance monitoring system is a modular-based communications platform for building management systems that can relay data from thousands of measurement points without the need for wiring.
The system transmits data from water, gas and electricity meters and can also be used to monitor a range of additional in-building parameters including temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide and movement.
Information is collected and analyzed by a secure web-hosted server, keeping customers informed in near real time of their building’s energy usage and security system status.
The OmniColl system is made up of a number of components and customized for each individual installation. Depending on the type of monitors used, information is sent to a centralized server using a telemetry data logger, ASL modem or wireless transmitter (via a data concentrator). When needed, repeaters can be used to extend a transmitter’s range to over six miles.
Data is automatically sent to the DataGate web server, and from there it can be integrated into a customer’s preferred data management system, or viewed online.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy