FCS Collects Building Data Wirelessly
The FCS OmniColl building performance monitoring system is a modular-based communications platform for building management systems that can relay data from thousands of measurement points without the need for wiring.
The system transmits data from water, gas and electricity meters and can also be used to monitor a range of additional in-building parameters including temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide and movement.
Information is collected and analyzed by a secure web-hosted server, keeping customers informed in near real time of their building’s energy usage and security system status.
The OmniColl system is made up of a number of components and customized for each individual installation. Depending on the type of monitors used, information is sent to a centralized server using a telemetry data logger, ASL modem or wireless transmitter (via a data concentrator). When needed, repeaters can be used to extend a transmitter’s range to over six miles.
Data is automatically sent to the DataGate web server, and from there it can be integrated into a customer’s preferred data management system, or viewed online.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software