FCS Collects Building Data Wirelessly
The FCS OmniColl building performance monitoring system is a modular-based communications platform for building management systems that can relay data from thousands of measurement points without the need for wiring.
The system transmits data from water, gas and electricity meters and can also be used to monitor a range of additional in-building parameters including temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide and movement.
Information is collected and analyzed by a secure web-hosted server, keeping customers informed in near real time of their building’s energy usage and security system status.
The OmniColl system is made up of a number of components and customized for each individual installation. Depending on the type of monitors used, information is sent to a centralized server using a telemetry data logger, ASL modem or wireless transmitter (via a data concentrator). When needed, repeaters can be used to extend a transmitter’s range to over six miles.
Data is automatically sent to the DataGate web server, and from there it can be integrated into a customer’s preferred data management system, or viewed online.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement