Federal Agency Defines ‘Energy Manager’
The National Institute of Building Sciences’ (NIBS’) Commercial Workforce Credentialing Council (CWCC), which coordinates the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines, is identifying industry practitioners to participate in job-task analysis studies for the following five job categories:
- Building Energy Auditor
- Building Commissioning Professional
- Building Operations Professional
- Energy Manager
- Facility Manager (for Government Facilities)
The Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines is a set of voluntary national guidelines to improve the quality and consistency of commercial building workforce training and certification programs. The job-task analyses will (1) identify and catalog the activities and tasks a worker performs in a given job, and (2) identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that define the minimum requirements for a person to successfully perform those tasks.
These five job-task analyses will form the foundation for the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines.
Persons interested in applying to participate or nominating someone to participate may sign-up at NIBS before the application deadline of December 4, 2013.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide