Federal Agency Defines ‘Energy Manager’
The National Institute of Building Sciences’ (NIBS’) Commercial Workforce Credentialing Council (CWCC), which coordinates the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines, is identifying industry practitioners to participate in job-task analysis studies for the following five job categories:
- Building Energy Auditor
- Building Commissioning Professional
- Building Operations Professional
- Energy Manager
- Facility Manager (for Government Facilities)
The Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines is a set of voluntary national guidelines to improve the quality and consistency of commercial building workforce training and certification programs. The job-task analyses will (1) identify and catalog the activities and tasks a worker performs in a given job, and (2) identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that define the minimum requirements for a person to successfully perform those tasks.
These five job-task analyses will form the foundation for the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines.
Persons interested in applying to participate or nominating someone to participate may sign-up at NIBS before the application deadline of December 4, 2013.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- LED Myths and Facts
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing