Federal Agency Defines ‘Energy Manager’
The National Institute of Building Sciences’ (NIBS’) Commercial Workforce Credentialing Council (CWCC), which coordinates the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines, is identifying industry practitioners to participate in job-task analysis studies for the following five job categories:
- Building Energy Auditor
- Building Commissioning Professional
- Building Operations Professional
- Energy Manager
- Facility Manager (for Government Facilities)
The Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines is a set of voluntary national guidelines to improve the quality and consistency of commercial building workforce training and certification programs. The job-task analyses will (1) identify and catalog the activities and tasks a worker performs in a given job, and (2) identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that define the minimum requirements for a person to successfully perform those tasks.
These five job-task analyses will form the foundation for the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines.
Persons interested in applying to participate or nominating someone to participate may sign-up at NIBS before the application deadline of December 4, 2013.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room