Federal Agency Defines ‘Energy Manager’
The National Institute of Building Sciences’ (NIBS’) Commercial Workforce Credentialing Council (CWCC), which coordinates the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines, is identifying industry practitioners to participate in job-task analysis studies for the following five job categories:
- Building Energy Auditor
- Building Commissioning Professional
- Building Operations Professional
- Energy Manager
- Facility Manager (for Government Facilities)
The Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines is a set of voluntary national guidelines to improve the quality and consistency of commercial building workforce training and certification programs. The job-task analyses will (1) identify and catalog the activities and tasks a worker performs in a given job, and (2) identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that define the minimum requirements for a person to successfully perform those tasks.
These five job-task analyses will form the foundation for the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines.
Persons interested in applying to participate or nominating someone to participate may sign-up at NIBS before the application deadline of December 4, 2013.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings