Federal Agency Defines ‘Energy Manager’
The National Institute of Building Sciences’ (NIBS’) Commercial Workforce Credentialing Council (CWCC), which coordinates the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines, is identifying industry practitioners to participate in job-task analysis studies for the following five job categories:
- Building Energy Auditor
- Building Commissioning Professional
- Building Operations Professional
- Energy Manager
- Facility Manager (for Government Facilities)
The Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines is a set of voluntary national guidelines to improve the quality and consistency of commercial building workforce training and certification programs. The job-task analyses will (1) identify and catalog the activities and tasks a worker performs in a given job, and (2) identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that define the minimum requirements for a person to successfully perform those tasks.
These five job-task analyses will form the foundation for the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines.
Persons interested in applying to participate or nominating someone to participate may sign-up at NIBS before the application deadline of December 4, 2013.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement