Federal Buildings Add Requirements
Federal agencies are now required to install building energy meters and sub-meters, as well as water meters at agency buildings where cost-effective and appropriate, according to a memo reported in FEDweek.
The agencies now must ensure that any agency buildings metered for energy and water performance must have that data entered into the EPA Energy Star Portfolio Manager to improve performance and allow benchmarking.
The memo encourages the use of a “Green Button” standard as part of agency energy management practices. The Green Button system was developed by the North American Energy Standards Board for providing online access to energy bill accounts, usage and energy consumption data to customers to help with business and usage management.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Combined Heat and Power
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions