Federal Program to Train 75,000 Solar Workers
President Obama announced a new federal workforce program to train 75,000 solar workers by 2020. The President made the announcement at an Ameresco-installed solar plant at the Hill Air Force Base in Utah.
The US Department of Energy will have the goal to train 75,000 people to enter the solar workforce by 2020, some of whom will be veterans. According to the White House, DOE, in partnership with the US Department of Defense, is launching the Solar Ready Vets program at 10 military bases, including at Hill Air Force Base.
Ameresco implemented a multi-phase Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) at the Hill Air Force Base beginning in 2003. As part of the ESPC, Ameresco installed the 210 kW ground-mounted solar PV array, which was commissioned in 2009. Ameresco currently maintains and operates the solar PV array, in addition to a 2.25 MW landfill gas to energy system at the base.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management