FieldView DCIM Software Selected for TransUnion Data Centers
Credit information services company TransUnion has selected FieldView Solutions’ data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software for its data centers. The software will identify overheating or overcooling zones and pinpoint the most efficient placement of IT assets so that TransUnion’s data centers consume less energy.
TransUnion is utilizing FieldView to extract real-time information from its newest data center’s critical facilities infrastructure to present accurate power consumption and temperature readings.
TransUnion said it has plans to complete the integration of FieldView with its current asset management application to provide the company with an overall CMS for reporting the environmental impact to physical devices in its data centers.
FieldView polls facility devices, IT devices and monitoring systems, normalizes, stores, trends, displays and provides interpretive views and reports of this operational data. The software generates graphics that show the data center’s temperature and humidity conditions as well as proactive alerts to help minimize downtime. Data centers using FieldView typically realize a 10-25 percent annual reduction in energy-related costs, says the company.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles