A First: American Petroleum Report Includes Section on Solar
The American Petroleum Institute’s annual “Energy Tomorrow” report includes, for the first time, a section on the US solar energy industry.
According to the report, solar is the fastest-growing source of renewable energy in America and has an estimated 20.2 GW of installed solar capacity, with another 20 GW in the pipeline for 2015-2016.
The report says solar’s growth is due, in large part, to public policies, such as the Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC), net metering and renewable energy standards.
Another thing spurring solar’s rapid growth is price. According to SEIA/GTM Research, national blended average system prices have dropped 53 percent since 2010.
The report predicts strong, continued growth in all sectors of the US solar industry – residential, commercial, utility-scale and solar heating and cooling – over the next two years.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash