FirstFuel Partners with Opower
Swap Shah, CEO of FirstFuel told Energy Manager Today, “By teaming up with Opower, we’re able to offer utilities the ease of a single platform that intelligently addresses each customer’s unique needs. While Opower is focused on bringing its behavioral technology to the residential and small business segments as we concentrate on the commercial and industrial side, utilities – for the first time – can benefit from a best-of-breeds service that uses one feed of utility data.”
Working with 95 utility clients in nine countries, Opower says its platform has helped residential and small business utility customers save more than 5 terawatt-hours (TWh) of energy.
FirstFuel currently works with 20 utility and government clients, who are targeting over $600 million in medium and large commercial sector energy savings. FirstFuel says its analytics-driven approaches have reduced time-to-engage commercial customers by 75-90 percent, increased the uptake of efficiency projects and enabled average energy savings of 15-20 percent.
The two companies already share several customers, including PG&E and E.ON.
The companies say that while 90 percent of residential, small business, mid-large commercial and industrial customers want better energy information management and advice from their utility, fewer than 5 percent actively participate in utility programs.
Opower will apply its behavioral science expertise to residential and smaller businesses, while FirstFuel will provide its building science and deep data analytics approach for larger commercial and industrial customers – together delivering a single solution for utilities.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash