FirstFuel’s Remote Building Assessment Named Project of the Year by the DoD
FirstFuel Software’s Remote Building Assessment project with the US Department of Defense (DoD) has been named Project of the Year in the Energy and Water category by the Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP). The FirstFuel project was selected from a pool of more than 65 ongoing or recently completed energy projects.
The ESTCP chose FirstFuel to guide the DoD’s compliance with the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, requiring energy audits on 25 percent of covered facilities annually. FirstFuel’s approach leveraged its Remote Building Analytics (RBA) platform to target, prioritize, quantify, enable and track energy savings in less than a quarter of the time of traditional audits and using one fifth the manpower.
Using statistical methods and advanced data mining techniques, the RBA platform analyzed more than 100 DoD buildings consisting of five different buildings categories on 11 military installations across multiple climate zones. The analysis revealed 16–37 percent more energy conservation measure savings than ASHRAE Level 2 onsite assessments conducted by an independent building auditor. FirstFuel’s software is enabling the DoD to save a significant amount of its annual $4 billion in facility energy costs.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year