FirstFuel, Schneider Use Green Button at Commercial Scale
Green Button enables energy consumers to download their energy usage data via a “Green Button” on electric utilities’ websites. In addition, the Connect My Data function of Green Button allows third parties, such as energy management companies, to connect to the data to help manage their clients’ energy use.
Now, FirstFuel Software, Schneider Electric, The Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco) and the GSA have announced Green Button programs.
FirstFuel will analyze ongoing meter data from the GSA’s portfolio of facilities in Green Button format, which it will use to help drive large-scale efficiency in the federal sector.
Since 2012, FirstFuel has conducted remote audits on over 100 GSA buildings. With its Green Button role, FirstFuel will eventually be monitoring and tracking nearly 10 million annual usage data points from GSA buildings through the Green Button format.
For its part, Schneider Electric has teamed with Pepco to implement Green Button Connect My Data capabilities for Pepco’s commercial customers in Washington, DC and Maryland.
Building on an over 10-year relationship with Pepco, Schneider Electric will use its Energy Profiler Online (EPO), a cloud-based energy management and demand response system, integrated with Pepco’s advanced metering infrastructure. Commercial Pepco customers will be able to leverage the Green Button to allow Schneider to directly access their energy data.
In his December 2013 Memorandum, the President also instructed the EPA to update Energy Star Portfolio Manager to facilitate the inclusion of building energy usage data using Green Button.
The larger Green Button initiative launched in 2012, is projected to reach more than 57 million households and businesses by year’s end.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control