FirstFuel, Schneider Use Green Button at Commercial Scale
Green Button enables energy consumers to download their energy usage data via a “Green Button” on electric utilities’ websites. In addition, the Connect My Data function of Green Button allows third parties, such as energy management companies, to connect to the data to help manage their clients’ energy use.
Now, FirstFuel Software, Schneider Electric, The Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco) and the GSA have announced Green Button programs.
FirstFuel will analyze ongoing meter data from the GSA’s portfolio of facilities in Green Button format, which it will use to help drive large-scale efficiency in the federal sector.
Since 2012, FirstFuel has conducted remote audits on over 100 GSA buildings. With its Green Button role, FirstFuel will eventually be monitoring and tracking nearly 10 million annual usage data points from GSA buildings through the Green Button format.
For its part, Schneider Electric has teamed with Pepco to implement Green Button Connect My Data capabilities for Pepco’s commercial customers in Washington, DC and Maryland.
Building on an over 10-year relationship with Pepco, Schneider Electric will use its Energy Profiler Online (EPO), a cloud-based energy management and demand response system, integrated with Pepco’s advanced metering infrastructure. Commercial Pepco customers will be able to leverage the Green Button to allow Schneider to directly access their energy data.
In his December 2013 Memorandum, the President also instructed the EPA to update Energy Star Portfolio Manager to facilitate the inclusion of building energy usage data using Green Button.
The larger Green Button initiative launched in 2012, is projected to reach more than 57 million households and businesses by year’s end.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management