Fixture Retrofits for LEDs Available
Specialty lighting supplier Engineering Products Co. and LED tube manufacturer Aleddra LED Lighting will jointly offer a complete retrofit lighting solution that converts older, four- or eight-foot T12 strip light fixtures into energy-efficient fixtures using linear LED lamps.
The T12 fluorescent lamp that had been used in commercial and industrial lighting systems was phased out in 2012 by the 2007 Energy Independence and Security Act. Replacement with a linear LED lamp is a logical choice. However, there are no eight-foot LED lamps that currently meet UL’s 17.6-ounce weight limit. Therefore, the most cost-effective alternative is to convert the eight-foot strip light fixture to two four-foot linear LED lamps using the EPCO UL-listed T8 Retrofit Conversion Kit, which includes Aleddra’s EasiRetrofit tube
Aleddra’s double-ended EasiRetrofit LED tube is UL 1598C classified and its four-foot models are on the DLC (Design Lights Consortium) qualified product list for rebate. It comes with five-year and 50,000-hour lifetime warranties and is available in two-, three-, four-, and five-foot lengths and color temperatures of 3000K, 4100K, 5000K, and 6000K.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future