Flexible UPS From Emerson Network Power Earns Energy Star
Designed for small- to-medium-sized sites, the Liebert APS system supports power requirements of up to 20 kVA/18 kW, eliminatiing the need to over provision. The unit’s FlexPower modules allow power capacity to grow in 5 kVA /4.5 kW increments up to 15 kVA/13.5 kW or 20 kVA/18 kW.
Battery modules may also be added as needed to increase backup time. FlexPower modules and battery modules are hot swappable, and can be added or replaced by the user.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) instituted its Energy Star for UPS program in late 2012, affecting UPS products rated greater than or equal to 1500 watts. The EPA certification process examines products based on average power, efficiency and efficiency variation for determination of steady-state, and UPS products meeting the EPA’s requirements use an average of 35 percent less energy than their standard counterparts.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing