Flexible UPS From Emerson Network Power Earns Energy Star
Designed for small- to-medium-sized sites, the Liebert APS system supports power requirements of up to 20 kVA/18 kW, eliminatiing the need to over provision. The unit’s FlexPower modules allow power capacity to grow in 5 kVA /4.5 kW increments up to 15 kVA/13.5 kW or 20 kVA/18 kW.
Battery modules may also be added as needed to increase backup time. FlexPower modules and battery modules are hot swappable, and can be added or replaced by the user.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) instituted its Energy Star for UPS program in late 2012, affecting UPS products rated greater than or equal to 1500 watts. The EPA certification process examines products based on average power, efficiency and efficiency variation for determination of steady-state, and UPS products meeting the EPA’s requirements use an average of 35 percent less energy than their standard counterparts.
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement