Flexible UPS From Emerson Network Power Earns Energy Star
Designed for small- to-medium-sized sites, the Liebert APS system supports power requirements of up to 20 kVA/18 kW, eliminatiing the need to over provision. The unit’s FlexPower modules allow power capacity to grow in 5 kVA /4.5 kW increments up to 15 kVA/13.5 kW or 20 kVA/18 kW.
Battery modules may also be added as needed to increase backup time. FlexPower modules and battery modules are hot swappable, and can be added or replaced by the user.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) instituted its Energy Star for UPS program in late 2012, affecting UPS products rated greater than or equal to 1500 watts. The EPA certification process examines products based on average power, efficiency and efficiency variation for determination of steady-state, and UPS products meeting the EPA’s requirements use an average of 35 percent less energy than their standard counterparts.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- There’s Money in the Trash
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions