FlexLab Incorporates Building Energy Test, Measurement from Cal-Bay
Cal-Bay Systems has teamed with the US Department of Energy (DOE) and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) to design, install and deploy test, validation and measurement equipment in the DOE’s new Facility for Low Energy Experiments in Buildings, or FlexLab.
The facility provides researchers, manufacturers, developers, architects, engineers, contractors and utilities the resources needed to accurately field-test innovations in green building technologies and controls.
Cal-Bay was selected to build out the facility’s Advanced Data Acquisition (DAQ) and control systems to generate the accurate, unbiased data needed to refine energy-efficient components and systems for deployment in real-world conditions. Cal-Bay engineers have been collaborating with LBNL on an advanced system built around National Instruments’ CompactRIO hardware and LabVIEW software to ensure those who use the facility are working with the most accurate data possible.
The resulting advances promise a new generation of environmentally-friendly building technologies. They also provide utilities with the data needed to valuate incentives that speed consumer adoption.
The adoption of energy-efficient controls and building technologies is essential to the US economy. From efficient lighting and HVAC equipment to energy management systems and controls, the need for reliable, sustainable energy-saving products is a top national priority per the Obama administration.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing