FlexLab Incorporates Building Energy Test, Measurement from Cal-Bay
Cal-Bay Systems has teamed with the US Department of Energy (DOE) and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) to design, install and deploy test, validation and measurement equipment in the DOE’s new Facility for Low Energy Experiments in Buildings, or FlexLab.
The facility provides researchers, manufacturers, developers, architects, engineers, contractors and utilities the resources needed to accurately field-test innovations in green building technologies and controls.
Cal-Bay was selected to build out the facility’s Advanced Data Acquisition (DAQ) and control systems to generate the accurate, unbiased data needed to refine energy-efficient components and systems for deployment in real-world conditions. Cal-Bay engineers have been collaborating with LBNL on an advanced system built around National Instruments’ CompactRIO hardware and LabVIEW software to ensure those who use the facility are working with the most accurate data possible.
The resulting advances promise a new generation of environmentally-friendly building technologies. They also provide utilities with the data needed to valuate incentives that speed consumer adoption.
The adoption of energy-efficient controls and building technologies is essential to the US economy. From efficient lighting and HVAC equipment to energy management systems and controls, the need for reliable, sustainable energy-saving products is a top national priority per the Obama administration.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software