FlexLab Incorporates Building Energy Test, Measurement from Cal-Bay
Cal-Bay Systems has teamed with the US Department of Energy (DOE) and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) to design, install and deploy test, validation and measurement equipment in the DOE’s new Facility for Low Energy Experiments in Buildings, or FlexLab.
The facility provides researchers, manufacturers, developers, architects, engineers, contractors and utilities the resources needed to accurately field-test innovations in green building technologies and controls.
Cal-Bay was selected to build out the facility’s Advanced Data Acquisition (DAQ) and control systems to generate the accurate, unbiased data needed to refine energy-efficient components and systems for deployment in real-world conditions. Cal-Bay engineers have been collaborating with LBNL on an advanced system built around National Instruments’ CompactRIO hardware and LabVIEW software to ensure those who use the facility are working with the most accurate data possible.
The resulting advances promise a new generation of environmentally-friendly building technologies. They also provide utilities with the data needed to valuate incentives that speed consumer adoption.
The adoption of energy-efficient controls and building technologies is essential to the US economy. From efficient lighting and HVAC equipment to energy management systems and controls, the need for reliable, sustainable energy-saving products is a top national priority per the Obama administration.
The complimentary report "Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software," created by Groom Energy and brought to you by Enablon, presents the main drivers for companies to invest in sustainability software. The guide describes the biggest challenges, identifies key software features to look for and offers recommendations for selecting sustainability software. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management