Flextronics Wants More of the Energy Efficient Lighting Pie
San Jose, Calif.-based Flextronics introduced a portfolio of commercial and industrial lighting products and services, targeting businesses and property managers who operate mega-square-foot facilities and who want to reduce both their procurement and utility costs as they meet corporate and government energy efficiency targets.
Flextronics cites a 2012 McKinsey & Company report that says the lighting market is at an inflection point as LED lighting is expected to grow 40 percent annually and become over 65 percent of the total lighting market by 2020.
Flextronics Lighting Solutions’ portfolio will include applications for high and low bays, offices, outdoors and lighting controls. It also will include services such as lighting audits, order fulfillment and incentive management that can be offered directly to customers or with their preferred partners.
The company also manufactures LED lamps on behalf of its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers. Those OEMs could potentially become competitors to Flextronics’ new direct-to-consumer lighting business.
A spokesperson for Flextronics said that some of the LED lighting solutions stem from the company’s acquisition of LightWild in 2012.
Photo: Flextronics’ Fort Worth, Texas, factory that utilizes Flextronics LED lighting
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement