Flextronics Wants More of the Energy Efficient Lighting Pie
San Jose, Calif.-based Flextronics introduced a portfolio of commercial and industrial lighting products and services, targeting businesses and property managers who operate mega-square-foot facilities and who want to reduce both their procurement and utility costs as they meet corporate and government energy efficiency targets.
Flextronics cites a 2012 McKinsey & Company report that says the lighting market is at an inflection point as LED lighting is expected to grow 40 percent annually and become over 65 percent of the total lighting market by 2020.
Flextronics Lighting Solutions’ portfolio will include applications for high and low bays, offices, outdoors and lighting controls. It also will include services such as lighting audits, order fulfillment and incentive management that can be offered directly to customers or with their preferred partners.
The company also manufactures LED lamps on behalf of its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers. Those OEMs could potentially become competitors to Flextronics’ new direct-to-consumer lighting business.
A spokesperson for Flextronics said that some of the LED lighting solutions stem from the company’s acquisition of LightWild in 2012.
Photo: Flextronics’ Fort Worth, Texas, factory that utilizes Flextronics LED lighting
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room