Flextronics Wants More of the Energy Efficient Lighting Pie
San Jose, Calif.-based Flextronics introduced a portfolio of commercial and industrial lighting products and services, targeting businesses and property managers who operate mega-square-foot facilities and who want to reduce both their procurement and utility costs as they meet corporate and government energy efficiency targets.
Flextronics cites a 2012 McKinsey & Company report that says the lighting market is at an inflection point as LED lighting is expected to grow 40 percent annually and become over 65 percent of the total lighting market by 2020.
Flextronics Lighting Solutions’ portfolio will include applications for high and low bays, offices, outdoors and lighting controls. It also will include services such as lighting audits, order fulfillment and incentive management that can be offered directly to customers or with their preferred partners.
The company also manufactures LED lamps on behalf of its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers. Those OEMs could potentially become competitors to Flextronics’ new direct-to-consumer lighting business.
A spokesperson for Flextronics said that some of the LED lighting solutions stem from the company’s acquisition of LightWild in 2012.
Photo: Flextronics’ Fort Worth, Texas, factory that utilizes Flextronics LED lighting
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement