Fluidic Energy to Deploy Grid Systems to 500 Indonesian Villages
Fluidic Energy, Caterpillar and PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN), Indonesia’s state-owned Electricity Company, are collaborating to provide renewable electricity to 500 remote villages throughout Indonesia.
The “500 Island Project” is one of the most ambitious and largest rural electrification projects in the world and accelerates the Indonesian government’s promise of bringing reliable energy to all populated areas of the country.
The village grid systems deployed will utilize more than 35 MWp of photovoltaic panels and more than 250 MWh of Fluidic Energy storage capacity. The project will provide electricity to 325,000 households and more than 1.7 million residents. Fluidic, which already has manufacturing operation facilities set up in the Indonesia, will supply the energy storage systems including its integrated smart grid intelligence. Fluidic will also lead the training of the local Indonesian installation and service partners and will consult on the overall project execution.
Photo via Shutterstock
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers