Food Distributor Deploys 39 Fuel Cell Material Handling Trucks
Golden State Foods has deployed 39 GenDrive hydrogen fuel cells from Plug Power in the material handling fleet at its new food distribution center in Illinois.
The material handling vehicles include 11 class-2 stand-up reach lift trucks and 28 class-3 rider pallet trucks. Plug Power will also provide Golden State Foods with GenCare onsite maintenance and service.
Golden State Foods’ 158,300-sq-foot regional headquarters and logistics center met LEED Gold Certification standards.
Plug Power’s GenDrive fuel cells are a clean alternative to lead-acid batteries, and are designed to fit into all major OEM material handling vehicles. Using fuel cells eliminates the need for battery storage and charging rooms.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- There’s Money in the Trash