Food Safety Support Added to Energy Management System
Powerhouse Dynamics added a new food safety feature to its eMonitor energy, water, and asset management system to support chain restaurants’ need to monitor refrigeration and food preparation equipment temperatures across all locations.
Now available to eMonitor users, the “Food Safety Scorecard” proactively identifies equipment in danger of non-compliance, so corrective action can be taken. Compliant refrigeration temperatures are a critical requirement for managing large restaurant portfolios.
The Food Safety Scorecard is enabled by temperature sensors installed in relevant equipment. The temperature data is combined with other data and uploaded every 60 seconds to the eMonitor servers where it is tracked and analyzed.
By integrating temperature and power consumption data, the system enables facility managers to remotely diagnose equipment performance issues before they become equipment emergencies. Managers are also alerted, in real time, to issues with individual pieces of equipment that could compromise food safety.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy