Four Illinois Municipalities Select Verde for Electricity
Verde Energy USA has been selected by the Illinois communities of Glen Ellyn, Hinckley, Oak Lawn, and Somonauk to provide energy under their electricity choice aggregation programs.
The selections were made following competitive RFPs in each of the communities.
Including these four new communities, Verde will provide power to twelve municipalities and over 50,000 customers under municipal aggregation in Illinois.
Under the terms of the agreements with the municipalities, residents will see a fixed-rate supply of electricity, with savings of up to 40 percent off current utility rates, according to Verde. They will also have unlimited access to Verde Energy Savings Solutions’ web-based tools to monitor and analyze their monthly energy usage. Oak Lawn, Hinckley, and Somonauk residents have the option to individually select 100 percent renewable energy supply. All Glen Ellyn residents will all be enrolled under a 100 percent renewable product.
Verde also recently announced the establishment of two energy storage projects in the Illinois cities of St. Charles and Naperville.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies