Four Illinois Municipalities Select Verde for Electricity
Verde Energy USA has been selected by the Illinois communities of Glen Ellyn, Hinckley, Oak Lawn, and Somonauk to provide energy under their electricity choice aggregation programs.
The selections were made following competitive RFPs in each of the communities.
Including these four new communities, Verde will provide power to twelve municipalities and over 50,000 customers under municipal aggregation in Illinois.
Under the terms of the agreements with the municipalities, residents will see a fixed-rate supply of electricity, with savings of up to 40 percent off current utility rates, according to Verde. They will also have unlimited access to Verde Energy Savings Solutions’ web-based tools to monitor and analyze their monthly energy usage. Oak Lawn, Hinckley, and Somonauk residents have the option to individually select 100 percent renewable energy supply. All Glen Ellyn residents will all be enrolled under a 100 percent renewable product.
Verde also recently announced the establishment of two energy storage projects in the Illinois cities of St. Charles and Naperville.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Combined Heat and Power
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book