Four Illinois Municipalities Select Verde for Electricity
Verde Energy USA has been selected by the Illinois communities of Glen Ellyn, Hinckley, Oak Lawn, and Somonauk to provide energy under their electricity choice aggregation programs.
The selections were made following competitive RFPs in each of the communities.
Including these four new communities, Verde will provide power to twelve municipalities and over 50,000 customers under municipal aggregation in Illinois.
Under the terms of the agreements with the municipalities, residents will see a fixed-rate supply of electricity, with savings of up to 40 percent off current utility rates, according to Verde. They will also have unlimited access to Verde Energy Savings Solutions’ web-based tools to monitor and analyze their monthly energy usage. Oak Lawn, Hinckley, and Somonauk residents have the option to individually select 100 percent renewable energy supply. All Glen Ellyn residents will all be enrolled under a 100 percent renewable product.
Verde also recently announced the establishment of two energy storage projects in the Illinois cities of St. Charles and Naperville.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement