Four Illinois Municipalities Select Verde for Electricity
Verde Energy USA has been selected by the Illinois communities of Glen Ellyn, Hinckley, Oak Lawn, and Somonauk to provide energy under their electricity choice aggregation programs.
The selections were made following competitive RFPs in each of the communities.
Including these four new communities, Verde will provide power to twelve municipalities and over 50,000 customers under municipal aggregation in Illinois.
Under the terms of the agreements with the municipalities, residents will see a fixed-rate supply of electricity, with savings of up to 40 percent off current utility rates, according to Verde. They will also have unlimited access to Verde Energy Savings Solutions’ web-based tools to monitor and analyze their monthly energy usage. Oak Lawn, Hinckley, and Somonauk residents have the option to individually select 100 percent renewable energy supply. All Glen Ellyn residents will all be enrolled under a 100 percent renewable product.
Verde also recently announced the establishment of two energy storage projects in the Illinois cities of St. Charles and Naperville.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management