Freecooling Chiller Lowers PUE for Smaller Data Centers
Emerson Network Power is now offering its Liebert HPC-S chiller in the United States and Canada. The freecooling chiller enables small to medium size data centers to achieve better efficiency by creating an end-to-end chilled water system with integrated controls that lower the facility’s power usage effectiveness (PUE).
Emerson says the chiller is optimized to supply chilled water to indoor data center thermal management equipment and is more effective than air economizers. The unit’s freecooling mode allows it to cool water using less energy by reducing compressor usage when the external ambient temperatures are below the chilled water return temperature.
The chiller can operate in conditions below 0 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 18 degrees Celsius) as well as at higher outdoor ambient temperatures (as high as 78 degrees Fahrenheit/26 degrees Celsius).
The integrated Liebert iCOM control system adds intelligent control capabilities that allow the unit to adapt to changing environmental conditions and move to freecooling mode whenever conditions are appropriate. The system is networked to provide control of the chiller or group of chillers without the need for a separate building automation system.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts