Freecooling Chiller Lowers PUE for Smaller Data Centers
Emerson Network Power is now offering its Liebert HPC-S chiller in the United States and Canada. The freecooling chiller enables small to medium size data centers to achieve better efficiency by creating an end-to-end chilled water system with integrated controls that lower the facility’s power usage effectiveness (PUE).
Emerson says the chiller is optimized to supply chilled water to indoor data center thermal management equipment and is more effective than air economizers. The unit’s freecooling mode allows it to cool water using less energy by reducing compressor usage when the external ambient temperatures are below the chilled water return temperature.
The chiller can operate in conditions below 0 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 18 degrees Celsius) as well as at higher outdoor ambient temperatures (as high as 78 degrees Fahrenheit/26 degrees Celsius).
The integrated Liebert iCOM control system adds intelligent control capabilities that allow the unit to adapt to changing environmental conditions and move to freecooling mode whenever conditions are appropriate. The system is networked to provide control of the chiller or group of chillers without the need for a separate building automation system.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement