Freepoint Commodities Launches Retail Energy Supplier for Commercial Customers
Stamford, Connecticut-based trading house Freepoint Commodities announced on August 9 that it has launched a competitive retail energy supplier that will focus on meeting the energy needs of commercial and industrial (C&I) customers.
The new company – Freepoint Energy Solutions – intends to offer C&I customers power and gas solutions, while leveraging Freepoint’s expertise in the wholesale energy markets and allowing it to expand its overall customer base.
Founded in March 2011, Freepoint is in “expansion mode” CEO David Messer told Bloomberg News in a May telephone interview – enjoying one of its most profitable years ever.
The company has hired Bradley Quester to serve as president of the new competitive energy retailer. An industry veteran, Quester has years of experience in previous leadership roles at competitive energy suppliers, including Constellation Energy, Direct Energy; and, most recently, Guttman Energy.
Freepoint’s overall management team, which previously ran Sempra Energy Trading and RBS Sempra Commodities, has decades of experience both managing and supplying energy to businesses in the retail energy supply space. Members of the team were involved in the growth and success of a number of competitive energy suppliers, including Sempra Energy Solutions.
” Our team is eager to leverage its deep experience and reputation for reliability in energy supply. We plan to offer competitive and creative solutions and look forward to serving the needs of our customers,” said Quester.
“Given our management’s history, this really feels like a re-launch of the retail energy business at Freepoint,” said Messer. “We are confident that Brad and his team will be able to capitalize on our platform and team’s talent to ultimately achieve a best-in-class offering for Freepoint’s new customers.”
Freepoint Energy Solutions plans to commence operations in most deregulated energy markets in the coming months.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles