French Utility Picks Elster for 35 Million Smart Meters
ERDF, the public electricity distribution network for 95 percent of continental France, has hired Elster to provide its customers with new smart meters. The Linky project will create a smart metering and communications network replacing 35 million meters in total.
The smart meter project will also include development of a new manufacturing facility in France, which will develop meters for ERDF’s Linky project throughout the mass delivery in 2016 and 2017, and until 2021, when the second phase of the project completes.
Elster’s Linky G3 meter system will support ERDF in its mission to increase energy efficiency while meeting new expectations and growing demand from all network users. Elster’s system includes advanced meters/sensors, secure communications, and data collection, management and analytics.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash