Fuel Cell Order Increases Plug Power GenDrive Deployments by 30%
Plug Power says it has received a significant GenKey contract from a leading, but unnamed, retailer to roll out its turnkey hydrogen fuel cell system at six North America distribution centers over a two-year period. GenDrive fuel cell units power electric lift trucks in material handling fleets.
The multi-site GenKey deal includes over 1,500 GenDrive PEM fuel cell power units coupled with multi-year contracts for GenFuel hydrogen, GenFuel fueling infrastructure, and GenCare service. The first site is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2014.
Plug Power says in 2014 it plans to grow not only in the material handling industry, but also expand into other fleet vehicle applications such as transport refrigeration units, ground support equipment and range extenders.
Plug Power says it has over 4,500 GenDrive units deployed with North American material handling operators, such as Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Kroger, Ace Hardware, BMW and Mercedes Benz.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex