Fuel Cell Order Increases Plug Power GenDrive Deployments by 30%
Plug Power says it has received a significant GenKey contract from a leading, but unnamed, retailer to roll out its turnkey hydrogen fuel cell system at six North America distribution centers over a two-year period. GenDrive fuel cell units power electric lift trucks in material handling fleets.
The multi-site GenKey deal includes over 1,500 GenDrive PEM fuel cell power units coupled with multi-year contracts for GenFuel hydrogen, GenFuel fueling infrastructure, and GenCare service. The first site is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2014.
Plug Power says in 2014 it plans to grow not only in the material handling industry, but also expand into other fleet vehicle applications such as transport refrigeration units, ground support equipment and range extenders.
Plug Power says it has over 4,500 GenDrive units deployed with North American material handling operators, such as Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Kroger, Ace Hardware, BMW and Mercedes Benz.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Let's Do The Math for DR