Fuel Cell Order Increases Plug Power GenDrive Deployments by 30%
Plug Power says it has received a significant GenKey contract from a leading, but unnamed, retailer to roll out its turnkey hydrogen fuel cell system at six North America distribution centers over a two-year period. GenDrive fuel cell units power electric lift trucks in material handling fleets.
The multi-site GenKey deal includes over 1,500 GenDrive PEM fuel cell power units coupled with multi-year contracts for GenFuel hydrogen, GenFuel fueling infrastructure, and GenCare service. The first site is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2014.
Plug Power says in 2014 it plans to grow not only in the material handling industry, but also expand into other fleet vehicle applications such as transport refrigeration units, ground support equipment and range extenders.
Plug Power says it has over 4,500 GenDrive units deployed with North American material handling operators, such as Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Kroger, Ace Hardware, BMW and Mercedes Benz.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase