Fuel Cell Order Increases Plug Power GenDrive Deployments by 30%
Plug Power says it has received a significant GenKey contract from a leading, but unnamed, retailer to roll out its turnkey hydrogen fuel cell system at six North America distribution centers over a two-year period. GenDrive fuel cell units power electric lift trucks in material handling fleets.
The multi-site GenKey deal includes over 1,500 GenDrive PEM fuel cell power units coupled with multi-year contracts for GenFuel hydrogen, GenFuel fueling infrastructure, and GenCare service. The first site is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2014.
Plug Power says in 2014 it plans to grow not only in the material handling industry, but also expand into other fleet vehicle applications such as transport refrigeration units, ground support equipment and range extenders.
Plug Power says it has over 4,500 GenDrive units deployed with North American material handling operators, such as Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Kroger, Ace Hardware, BMW and Mercedes Benz.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management