Fuel Cell Order Increases Plug Power GenDrive Deployments by 30%
Plug Power says it has received a significant GenKey contract from a leading, but unnamed, retailer to roll out its turnkey hydrogen fuel cell system at six North America distribution centers over a two-year period. GenDrive fuel cell units power electric lift trucks in material handling fleets.
The multi-site GenKey deal includes over 1,500 GenDrive PEM fuel cell power units coupled with multi-year contracts for GenFuel hydrogen, GenFuel fueling infrastructure, and GenCare service. The first site is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2014.
Plug Power says in 2014 it plans to grow not only in the material handling industry, but also expand into other fleet vehicle applications such as transport refrigeration units, ground support equipment and range extenders.
Plug Power says it has over 4,500 GenDrive units deployed with North American material handling operators, such as Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Kroger, Ace Hardware, BMW and Mercedes Benz.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement