Fuel Cells Generate Power for Seoul Skyscraper
Samsung Everland has purchased two PureCell Model 400 fuel cell systems from UTC Power to be installed at the Lotte World Tower, a super-tall skyscraper in Seoul, South Korea.
The fuel cells will be installed in the basement of the tower and will provide 800 kW of power to the Lotte World Mall in the building.
Upon completion in 2015, the Lotte World Tower will house the tallest observation deck in the world on its 123rd-floor. The mixed-use building will include retail outlets, offices, residences and a luxury hotel.
This installation is UTC Power’s first building application in Korea and the first indoor installation for a fuel cell in the country. The public utility Korean South East Power will install seven PureCell systems at its Bundang facility in early 2013.
Korean utility POSCO Energy is building a 58.8 MW fuel cell park in South Korea, using fuel cells supplied by FuelCell Energy.
The PureCell systems to be installed in the Lotte World Tower will help advance South Korea’s clean energy goals as part of the country’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. The PureCell systems will be supported locally by UTC Power’s Korean subsidiary, UTC Power International Services – Korea, a Seoul-based fuel cell services company with dedicated PureCell system technicians.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement