Fuel Cells Generate Power for Seoul Skyscraper
Samsung Everland has purchased two PureCell Model 400 fuel cell systems from UTC Power to be installed at the Lotte World Tower, a super-tall skyscraper in Seoul, South Korea.
The fuel cells will be installed in the basement of the tower and will provide 800 kW of power to the Lotte World Mall in the building.
Upon completion in 2015, the Lotte World Tower will house the tallest observation deck in the world on its 123rd-floor. The mixed-use building will include retail outlets, offices, residences and a luxury hotel.
This installation is UTC Power’s first building application in Korea and the first indoor installation for a fuel cell in the country. The public utility Korean South East Power will install seven PureCell systems at its Bundang facility in early 2013.
Korean utility POSCO Energy is building a 58.8 MW fuel cell park in South Korea, using fuel cells supplied by FuelCell Energy.
The PureCell systems to be installed in the Lotte World Tower will help advance South Korea’s clean energy goals as part of the country’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. The PureCell systems will be supported locally by UTC Power’s Korean subsidiary, UTC Power International Services – Korea, a Seoul-based fuel cell services company with dedicated PureCell system technicians.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room