Fuel Cells Power TV Studio
CTS Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Connecticut Studios, is acquiring 12 PureCell Model 400 fuel cell systems from ClearEdge Power for its motion picture and television studio and production facility, which it is building in South Windsor, Conn.
As part of the Connecticut Studios project, CTS Energy is developing an electric generation facility using the PureCell Model 400 fuel cells. The fuel cells will provide 4.98 MW to the local grid.
The overall Connecticut Studios project includes a full service production studio, a business class hotel, three restaurants and ancillary commercial development.
By generating electricity and heat on-site with fuel cells, CTS Energy says it will prevent the release of more than 1520 metric tons of carbon dioxide annually, and once installed, the PureCell systems will save over 17 million gallons of water annually.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- LED Myths and Facts
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room