Fuel Cells Power TV Studio
CTS Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Connecticut Studios, is acquiring 12 PureCell Model 400 fuel cell systems from ClearEdge Power for its motion picture and television studio and production facility, which it is building in South Windsor, Conn.
As part of the Connecticut Studios project, CTS Energy is developing an electric generation facility using the PureCell Model 400 fuel cells. The fuel cells will provide 4.98 MW to the local grid.
The overall Connecticut Studios project includes a full service production studio, a business class hotel, three restaurants and ancillary commercial development.
By generating electricity and heat on-site with fuel cells, CTS Energy says it will prevent the release of more than 1520 metric tons of carbon dioxide annually, and once installed, the PureCell systems will save over 17 million gallons of water annually.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement