Fuel Cells Power TV Studio
CTS Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Connecticut Studios, is acquiring 12 PureCell Model 400 fuel cell systems from ClearEdge Power for its motion picture and television studio and production facility, which it is building in South Windsor, Conn.
As part of the Connecticut Studios project, CTS Energy is developing an electric generation facility using the PureCell Model 400 fuel cells. The fuel cells will provide 4.98 MW to the local grid.
The overall Connecticut Studios project includes a full service production studio, a business class hotel, three restaurants and ancillary commercial development.
By generating electricity and heat on-site with fuel cells, CTS Energy says it will prevent the release of more than 1520 metric tons of carbon dioxide annually, and once installed, the PureCell systems will save over 17 million gallons of water annually.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing