Fuel Cells Power TV Studio
CTS Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Connecticut Studios, is acquiring 12 PureCell Model 400 fuel cell systems from ClearEdge Power for its motion picture and television studio and production facility, which it is building in South Windsor, Conn.
As part of the Connecticut Studios project, CTS Energy is developing an electric generation facility using the PureCell Model 400 fuel cells. The fuel cells will provide 4.98 MW to the local grid.
The overall Connecticut Studios project includes a full service production studio, a business class hotel, three restaurants and ancillary commercial development.
By generating electricity and heat on-site with fuel cells, CTS Energy says it will prevent the release of more than 1520 metric tons of carbon dioxide annually, and once installed, the PureCell systems will save over 17 million gallons of water annually.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year