Fund Models No-Upfront Energy Efficiency Financing After Solar
Brightergy’s newly-closed fund – BrighterSavings – will provide no-upfront cost financing to energy efficiency projects.
With full underwriting discretion, Brightergy plans to finance a wide variety of efficiency projects with public and private schools, municipalities, commercial businesses and non-profits.
Brightergy owns the energy-efficiency projects they install, leasing to the building owner who either pays fixed monthly payments or a percentage of the energy savings. A typical BrighterSavings lease term is 5 years.
BrighterSavings covers a wide variety of energy efficiency technologies, including high efficiency lighting. All financing for the project is first-party through Brightergy; there is no third party approval process.
One of the company’s first clients to utilize this fund is John Knox Village, a continuing care retirement community in Lee’s Summit, Mo. Previously, John Knox Village installed 146 kW of solar with Brightergy through Brightergy’s no-upfront cost solar financing. Now, the retirement community will upgrade lighting at 15 of its existing buildings and add LED’s to a 56,000-sq-foot new building.
Brightergy has built its business to date primarily through the financing, development and installation of more than 1,000 commercial rooftop solar PV projects.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement