Funds Launch $200m in Energy Efficiency Investment
Joule Assets Inc. launched the Joule Energy Reduction Assets Fund (ERA Fund), a private equity fund that will invest worldwide in energy efficiency and demand response markets.
An energy reduction asset or ERA is an umbrella term for any unit of saved energy, which has become a tangible asset.
“In the simplest terms, we’ve created an investment fund that will expand financing for energy efficiency. On a grander scale, we believe that we have designed a fund that will aim to achieve the returns of top-performing private equity funds,” Joule Assets CEO, Mike Gordon said on the firm’s blog.
Clean energy consumer finance company Kilowatt Financial closed a $100 million debt facility from Citi to finance energy efficiency loans for homeowners.
Kilowatt will enable homeowners throughout the US to make energy efficient improvements to their homes through 10-12 year unsecured loans of up to $30,000. Homeowners can use the funds for a broad range of improvements, including HVAC equipment, water heaters, windows, roofing, insulation, lighting, and energy efficient appliances.
Securitization of the pool of loans into the capital markets is anticipated, which will help establish a secondary market and scale energy efficiency activity. Kilowatt and Citi expect to create term asset-backed securities from the loans, making more capital available for additional homeowners to upgrade their homes.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement