How to Gain Insights, Improvements from Intelligent Lighting Systems
Data-gathering opportunities that arise from investments in intelligent lighting control systems can bring long-term value to the upgrade beyond the obvious immediate energy savings. Intelligent lighting and energy management systems that provide detailed data on energy usage and lighting system performance, and that offer a dashboard with the ability to compare efficiency and energy usage data across multiple facilities, can help customers determine when, how and where lighting is used, allowing them to easily implement lighting control programs to adjust to their facilities’ changing needs, according to a new Energy Manager Today report: Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data, sponsored by Digital Lumens.
Over the next seven years, annual sales for occupancy sensors, photo sensors and lighting network gear related to LED lighting applications will grow from $1.1 billion in 2013 to $2.7 billion by 2020; falling LED prices are driving up adoption rates of LED lamps, which in turn will drive up the adoption of intelligent lighting controls, predicts Navigant Research. These lighting control systems gather innumerable points of operational data — from a single building or across an international portfolio of sites — that can show clear patterns of user behavior, anomalies, inefficiencies and opportunities for process improvement.
The report includes specific examples of how the data gathered from intelligent lighting systems can help an organization improve efficiencies, case studies showing significant savings for companies that implemented such systems, steps to get started, and more.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management