GE, Clean Energy, Ferus in LNG Joint Venture
Clean Energy Fuels, Ferus Natural Gas Fuels, GE Ventures and GE Energy Financial Services announced a consortium to jointly deliver liquefied natural gas (LNG) in the United States. The consortium, Eagle LNG Partners, will develop regional LNG projects to meet the growing demand for the cleaner-burning, less expensive fuel in industries such as long-haul trucking, rail, mining, marine, and oil and gas services.
Eagle LNG will identify strategic US locations to develop, own and operate LNG production projects. For the oil and gas and marine markets, the consortium can also provide complete LNG solutions including transportation and delivery, on-site storage, gasification and dispensing.
Each partner has a clearly defined role in the joint venture. Clean Energy brings experience in developing, constructing and operating micro-LNG plants, while Ferus offers expertise in cryogenic and micro-LNG plants, and a deep understanding of cryogenic logistics that ensures an uninterrupted fuel supply. GE Ventures will drive commercial and technical innovation while GE Energy Financial Services will bring in capital for energy projects.
Eagle LNG is looking into projects in Florida, Washington, Colorado, North Dakota, Ohio and Texas, which would build upon existing Clean Energy and Ferus Natural Gas Fuels plants and operations, as well as previously announced Clean Energy-GE LNG projects in the Northeast and Midwest, which are expected to be operational in late 2015.
The US has gone through a major change in its fuel supplies in a short time, says Energy Manager Today guest columnist Marc Carrell. A decade ago, the US was planning infrastructure upgrades in order to import large quantities of LNG. Now, the US is producing so much of it that it’s a net exporter. He debates the pros and cons of switching to LNG.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management