GE, Cooledge Collaborate on LED Light Sheets; Leviton Updates LED Retrofit Kit
GE Lighting has entered a joint-development agreement with start-up Cooledge Lighting to develop a GE Lightech LED power-supply driver as a key component in Cooledge’s range of LED light sheets for fixture companies. Cooledge’s LED light sheets use a dense pattern of LEDs on a thin, flexible plastic substrate. The form factor allows large panels and long lengths, which can conform to a wide variety of shapes compared to traditional LED lighting. Cooledge says its patented technology requires no additional heat-sinking or thermal management. The Cooledge light sheets will combine the application features of organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) with the cost and performance of LED technology, targeting a wide range of commercial applications including signage and retail refrigeration applications.
In other LED news, Leviton expanded its Zipline modular retrofit system with the Zipline LED Platinum Series for retrofitting existing linear fluorescent fixtures with commercial LED lighting. Zipline LED complies with the Design Lighting Consortium for efficiency standards, making it eligible for energy rebates. Available in 2×2 and 2×4 versions, Zipline LED’s modular design has compact, integrated pre-wired drivers, and array holders mount into the fixture’s housing using pressure-fit technology. Platinum Series 2×4 models offer 5700 lumens at 60 watts; 2×2 models offer 3400 lumens at 37 watts. Both versions are dimmable using Leviton Renoir II lighting controls. An optional pre-wired circuit can be used to support emergency backup lighting, daylighting or occupancy detection.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management