GE, Cooledge Collaborate on LED Light Sheets; Leviton Updates LED Retrofit Kit
GE Lighting has entered a joint-development agreement with start-up Cooledge Lighting to develop a GE Lightech LED power-supply driver as a key component in Cooledge’s range of LED light sheets for fixture companies. Cooledge’s LED light sheets use a dense pattern of LEDs on a thin, flexible plastic substrate. The form factor allows large panels and long lengths, which can conform to a wide variety of shapes compared to traditional LED lighting. Cooledge says its patented technology requires no additional heat-sinking or thermal management. The Cooledge light sheets will combine the application features of organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) with the cost and performance of LED technology, targeting a wide range of commercial applications including signage and retail refrigeration applications.
In other LED news, Leviton expanded its Zipline modular retrofit system with the Zipline LED Platinum Series for retrofitting existing linear fluorescent fixtures with commercial LED lighting. Zipline LED complies with the Design Lighting Consortium for efficiency standards, making it eligible for energy rebates. Available in 2×2 and 2×4 versions, Zipline LED’s modular design has compact, integrated pre-wired drivers, and array holders mount into the fixture’s housing using pressure-fit technology. Platinum Series 2×4 models offer 5700 lumens at 60 watts; 2×2 models offer 3400 lumens at 37 watts. Both versions are dimmable using Leviton Renoir II lighting controls. An optional pre-wired circuit can be used to support emergency backup lighting, daylighting or occupancy detection.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Let's Do The Math for DR