GE, Cooledge Collaborate on LED Light Sheets; Leviton Updates LED Retrofit Kit
GE Lighting has entered a joint-development agreement with start-up Cooledge Lighting to develop a GE Lightech LED power-supply driver as a key component in Cooledge’s range of LED light sheets for fixture companies. Cooledge’s LED light sheets use a dense pattern of LEDs on a thin, flexible plastic substrate. The form factor allows large panels and long lengths, which can conform to a wide variety of shapes compared to traditional LED lighting. Cooledge says its patented technology requires no additional heat-sinking or thermal management. The Cooledge light sheets will combine the application features of organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) with the cost and performance of LED technology, targeting a wide range of commercial applications including signage and retail refrigeration applications.
In other LED news, Leviton expanded its Zipline modular retrofit system with the Zipline LED Platinum Series for retrofitting existing linear fluorescent fixtures with commercial LED lighting. Zipline LED complies with the Design Lighting Consortium for efficiency standards, making it eligible for energy rebates. Available in 2×2 and 2×4 versions, Zipline LED’s modular design has compact, integrated pre-wired drivers, and array holders mount into the fixture’s housing using pressure-fit technology. Platinum Series 2×4 models offer 5700 lumens at 60 watts; 2×2 models offer 3400 lumens at 37 watts. Both versions are dimmable using Leviton Renoir II lighting controls. An optional pre-wired circuit can be used to support emergency backup lighting, daylighting or occupancy detection.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems