GE Creates E-Commerce App for Motors and Generators
GE’s Power Conversion business launched an e-commerce app – the Motor and Generator Store – to make it easier for customers in the US and Canada to quickly access key technical information as well as to obtain quotes and order motor and generator products.
The new app will allow customers to access pricing and availability, straight quoting if they are using or stocking machines, quoting on behalf of their customers (if they are original equipment manufacturers or distributors), online storage of quotes and order tracking and a support library of product literature, white papers and maintenance manuals. Examples of the information available include base ratings and data packs, which contain specifications, performance data, speed/torque curves, line drawings, wiring diagrams and engineering notes.
The release of the initial e-commerce app is a culmination of 10 months of pulling together the experience of GE’s commercial teams, user interface best practices and critical customer inputs.
The first release of the new app only applies to standard and stock low- and medium-voltage motors. Customers looking to purchase custom or modified motors will continue using EliteNet. Both applications will run in parallel until the Motors and Generators Store has developed the capabilities to successfully retire EliteNet.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex