GE Creates E-Commerce App for Motors and Generators
GE’s Power Conversion business launched an e-commerce app – the Motor and Generator Store – to make it easier for customers in the US and Canada to quickly access key technical information as well as to obtain quotes and order motor and generator products.
The new app will allow customers to access pricing and availability, straight quoting if they are using or stocking machines, quoting on behalf of their customers (if they are original equipment manufacturers or distributors), online storage of quotes and order tracking and a support library of product literature, white papers and maintenance manuals. Examples of the information available include base ratings and data packs, which contain specifications, performance data, speed/torque curves, line drawings, wiring diagrams and engineering notes.
The release of the initial e-commerce app is a culmination of 10 months of pulling together the experience of GE’s commercial teams, user interface best practices and critical customer inputs.
The first release of the new app only applies to standard and stock low- and medium-voltage motors. Customers looking to purchase custom or modified motors will continue using EliteNet. Both applications will run in parallel until the Motors and Generators Store has developed the capabilities to successfully retire EliteNet.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- BuildingIQ Security
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement