GE Creates E-Commerce App for Motors and Generators
GE’s Power Conversion business launched an e-commerce app – the Motor and Generator Store – to make it easier for customers in the US and Canada to quickly access key technical information as well as to obtain quotes and order motor and generator products.
The new app will allow customers to access pricing and availability, straight quoting if they are using or stocking machines, quoting on behalf of their customers (if they are original equipment manufacturers or distributors), online storage of quotes and order tracking and a support library of product literature, white papers and maintenance manuals. Examples of the information available include base ratings and data packs, which contain specifications, performance data, speed/torque curves, line drawings, wiring diagrams and engineering notes.
The release of the initial e-commerce app is a culmination of 10 months of pulling together the experience of GE’s commercial teams, user interface best practices and critical customer inputs.
The first release of the new app only applies to standard and stock low- and medium-voltage motors. Customers looking to purchase custom or modified motors will continue using EliteNet. Both applications will run in parallel until the Motors and Generators Store has developed the capabilities to successfully retire EliteNet.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control