GE Creates E-Commerce App for Motors and Generators
GE’s Power Conversion business launched an e-commerce app – the Motor and Generator Store – to make it easier for customers in the US and Canada to quickly access key technical information as well as to obtain quotes and order motor and generator products.
The new app will allow customers to access pricing and availability, straight quoting if they are using or stocking machines, quoting on behalf of their customers (if they are original equipment manufacturers or distributors), online storage of quotes and order tracking and a support library of product literature, white papers and maintenance manuals. Examples of the information available include base ratings and data packs, which contain specifications, performance data, speed/torque curves, line drawings, wiring diagrams and engineering notes.
The release of the initial e-commerce app is a culmination of 10 months of pulling together the experience of GE’s commercial teams, user interface best practices and critical customer inputs.
The first release of the new app only applies to standard and stock low- and medium-voltage motors. Customers looking to purchase custom or modified motors will continue using EliteNet. Both applications will run in parallel until the Motors and Generators Store has developed the capabilities to successfully retire EliteNet.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future