GE Creates E-Commerce App for Motors and Generators
GE’s Power Conversion business launched an e-commerce app – the Motor and Generator Store – to make it easier for customers in the US and Canada to quickly access key technical information as well as to obtain quotes and order motor and generator products.
The new app will allow customers to access pricing and availability, straight quoting if they are using or stocking machines, quoting on behalf of their customers (if they are original equipment manufacturers or distributors), online storage of quotes and order tracking and a support library of product literature, white papers and maintenance manuals. Examples of the information available include base ratings and data packs, which contain specifications, performance data, speed/torque curves, line drawings, wiring diagrams and engineering notes.
The release of the initial e-commerce app is a culmination of 10 months of pulling together the experience of GE’s commercial teams, user interface best practices and critical customer inputs.
The first release of the new app only applies to standard and stock low- and medium-voltage motors. Customers looking to purchase custom or modified motors will continue using EliteNet. Both applications will run in parallel until the Motors and Generators Store has developed the capabilities to successfully retire EliteNet.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement