GE Debuts Data Software for Industries
GE announced a solution that it says provides a secure, high speed, scalable platform for aggregating industrial data. The combined Proficy Historian 5.0 and Proficy Historian Analysis solution allows companies to contextualize, analyze and visualize huge amounts of data and act on it quickly, according to GE.
Data management impacts almost all industries, and often legacy IT and technology systems cannot support strategic growth initiatives. GE says its solution facilitates a conversation between IT and senior management.
In addition, Historian 5.0 allows for multiple data stores so companies can separate regulatory data from process data for reporting for differing requirements.
The new software is being used internally at GE Energy’s Monitoring & Diagnostics Centers, doing year-over-year fleet analysis and predictive analysis on turbines, facilitating planned downtime for repairs and maintenance.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management