GE Debuts Data Software for Industries
GE announced a solution that it says provides a secure, high speed, scalable platform for aggregating industrial data. The combined Proficy Historian 5.0 and Proficy Historian Analysis solution allows companies to contextualize, analyze and visualize huge amounts of data and act on it quickly, according to GE.
Data management impacts almost all industries, and often legacy IT and technology systems cannot support strategic growth initiatives. GE says its solution facilitates a conversation between IT and senior management.
In addition, Historian 5.0 allows for multiple data stores so companies can separate regulatory data from process data for reporting for differing requirements.
The new software is being used internally at GE Energy’s Monitoring & Diagnostics Centers, doing year-over-year fleet analysis and predictive analysis on turbines, facilitating planned downtime for repairs and maintenance.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals