GE Debuts Data Software for Industries
GE announced a solution that it says provides a secure, high speed, scalable platform for aggregating industrial data. The combined Proficy Historian 5.0 and Proficy Historian Analysis solution allows companies to contextualize, analyze and visualize huge amounts of data and act on it quickly, according to GE.
Data management impacts almost all industries, and often legacy IT and technology systems cannot support strategic growth initiatives. GE says its solution facilitates a conversation between IT and senior management.
In addition, Historian 5.0 allows for multiple data stores so companies can separate regulatory data from process data for reporting for differing requirements.
The new software is being used internally at GE Energy’s Monitoring & Diagnostics Centers, doing year-over-year fleet analysis and predictive analysis on turbines, facilitating planned downtime for repairs and maintenance.
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals