GE Debuts Data Software for Industries
GE announced a solution that it says provides a secure, high speed, scalable platform for aggregating industrial data. The combined Proficy Historian 5.0 and Proficy Historian Analysis solution allows companies to contextualize, analyze and visualize huge amounts of data and act on it quickly, according to GE.
Data management impacts almost all industries, and often legacy IT and technology systems cannot support strategic growth initiatives. GE says its solution facilitates a conversation between IT and senior management.
In addition, Historian 5.0 allows for multiple data stores so companies can separate regulatory data from process data for reporting for differing requirements.
The new software is being used internally at GE Energy’s Monitoring & Diagnostics Centers, doing year-over-year fleet analysis and predictive analysis on turbines, facilitating planned downtime for repairs and maintenance.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation