GE Debuts Data Software for Industries
GE announced a solution that it says provides a secure, high speed, scalable platform for aggregating industrial data. The combined Proficy Historian 5.0 and Proficy Historian Analysis solution allows companies to contextualize, analyze and visualize huge amounts of data and act on it quickly, according to GE.
Data management impacts almost all industries, and often legacy IT and technology systems cannot support strategic growth initiatives. GE says its solution facilitates a conversation between IT and senior management.
In addition, Historian 5.0 allows for multiple data stores so companies can separate regulatory data from process data for reporting for differing requirements.
The new software is being used internally at GE Energy’s Monitoring & Diagnostics Centers, doing year-over-year fleet analysis and predictive analysis on turbines, facilitating planned downtime for repairs and maintenance.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Your Guide to Total Energy and Sustainability Management
- ISO 50001: Frequently Asked Questions
- The Growing Trend of Sustainability Scorecards
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools - January 2013
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs