GE Introduces Line of High-Power, Space-Saving Rectifiers
GE’s Critical Power business has introduced its new GP100 line of power rectifiers, providing data- and power-intensive three-phase applications with compact, 1U1, 6-kW 54-volt AC-to-DC power rectifiers. The GP100 line includes GE’s GP100R compact module for data center and telecommunications rack or cabinet mounting and its GP100M for embedded data, networking and industrial power supply solutions.
Ideal for high-density data and communications settings, the new rectifiers take up less than half of the space required to install similar products, says GE. Two GP100s can be mounted together in 1U of rack space, providing power density of 12 kW per 1U. The GP100 rectifiers can be paralleled into packaged systems ranging from 12 kW to 432 kW, providing efficient power to high-density and high-capacity applications such as 48-kW power bays and cabinets. This enables these applications to implement three-phase power supplies instead of being limited to single-phase options due to space requirements.
The new rectifiers have an energy conversion efficiency level of up to 96.5 percent. The product line also helps eliminate potential single-phase balancing issues as power requirements grow by ensuring that electrical phases grow in equal increments.
The GP100 rectifier line of power conversion products also includes a 1U, high-density product that is specifically engineered for single-phase power supply designs. The rectifier platform offers expanded communications and diagnostics, such as black box capture capability, field installable firmware upgrades and improved AC measurement accuracy.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles