GE Intros Power System for Modular Data Centers
GE’s Critical Power business is introducing the PowerMOD containerized power systems platform. The GE PowerMOD modular power container can be configured with a range of critical power protection and efficiency technologies including GE’s automatic transfer switches, switchboards and transformers, along with its new TLE Series uninterruptible power supply (UPS), which provides up to 97 percent power efficiency in double-conversion mode and up to 99 percent efficiency in eBoost or multi-mode operation, according to the company.
PowerMOD provides backup critical power from 200 kW to 1,500 kW in standard design points, for both 50-hertz and 60-hertz configurations.
GE’s PowerMOD can be deployed in four to five months compared with 24 months for traditional facilities, with capital expense reductions of almost 25 percent, according to GE. Additionally, operating expenses can be reduced by up to 44 percent through the greater efficiencies of the TLE UPS and the Free-Cooling Economizer—a standard feature in the PowerMOD. Environmental cooling options for the PowerMOD include direct expansion (DX), chilled water and evaporative/adiabatic.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management