GE Intros Power System for Modular Data Centers
GE’s Critical Power business is introducing the PowerMOD containerized power systems platform. The GE PowerMOD modular power container can be configured with a range of critical power protection and efficiency technologies including GE’s automatic transfer switches, switchboards and transformers, along with its new TLE Series uninterruptible power supply (UPS), which provides up to 97 percent power efficiency in double-conversion mode and up to 99 percent efficiency in eBoost or multi-mode operation, according to the company.
PowerMOD provides backup critical power from 200 kW to 1,500 kW in standard design points, for both 50-hertz and 60-hertz configurations.
GE’s PowerMOD can be deployed in four to five months compared with 24 months for traditional facilities, with capital expense reductions of almost 25 percent, according to GE. Additionally, operating expenses can be reduced by up to 44 percent through the greater efficiencies of the TLE UPS and the Free-Cooling Economizer—a standard feature in the PowerMOD. Environmental cooling options for the PowerMOD include direct expansion (DX), chilled water and evaporative/adiabatic.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement