GE to Modernize Aberdeen, Miss., Grid
GE’s Digital Energy business and the City of Aberdeen, Miss., announced plans to implement GE’s Solutions as a Service (SaaS) technology. SaaS is a cloud-based, fee-for-service grid management system that enables small- and mid-market utilities to build modern and interconnected grids.
Using SaaS, GE will provide Aberdeen with access to an online customer portal, enabling customers to visualize their energy usage and billing information. As part of the portal, the City can engage consumers with tools to better manage energy and water habits. Under the terms of the agreement, GE will also provide Aberdeen with electric and water metering for the City’s advanced metering infrastructure, asset monitoring and mapping, outage detection and meter data management.
Introduced last year, GE’s SaaS can establish a constant flow of communication between a business operation and its machines, enabling big data to be converted into real-time analytics, improving grid reliability, productivity and efficiency. Currently, GE’s SaaS is being used by Holly Springs, Miss., and is being integrated by Electric Cities of Georgia/City of Norcross, Ga., the City of Leesburg, Fla., and Skiatook, Okla.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Let's Do The Math for DR