GE to Modernize Aberdeen, Miss., Grid
GE’s Digital Energy business and the City of Aberdeen, Miss., announced plans to implement GE’s Solutions as a Service (SaaS) technology. SaaS is a cloud-based, fee-for-service grid management system that enables small- and mid-market utilities to build modern and interconnected grids.
Using SaaS, GE will provide Aberdeen with access to an online customer portal, enabling customers to visualize their energy usage and billing information. As part of the portal, the City can engage consumers with tools to better manage energy and water habits. Under the terms of the agreement, GE will also provide Aberdeen with electric and water metering for the City’s advanced metering infrastructure, asset monitoring and mapping, outage detection and meter data management.
Introduced last year, GE’s SaaS can establish a constant flow of communication between a business operation and its machines, enabling big data to be converted into real-time analytics, improving grid reliability, productivity and efficiency. Currently, GE’s SaaS is being used by Holly Springs, Miss., and is being integrated by Electric Cities of Georgia/City of Norcross, Ga., the City of Leesburg, Fla., and Skiatook, Okla.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green