GE Opens Energy Management Center
The office is located near GE’s Mebane manufacturing plant and will enable the company to streamline the development and production processes of its end-to-end electrical distribution products.
The Mebane facility manufactures products such as lighting panels, power panels, low- and medium-voltage motor control equipment, switchgear and electrical vehicle charging stations. The Cary office co-locates GE’s engineering and product management with other functions under one roof. In addition, it creates a global headquarters for GE’s Power Components and Power Equipment businesses.
GE says the office brings together employees from three of GE Energy Management’s businesses – Industrial Solutions, Digital Energy and Intelligent Platforms. The integration, along with the facility’s close proximity to the Mebane manufacturing operation, enables GE to streamline multiple stages of product development and manufacturing, creating a more efficient process.
The Cary office will serve as a field office for GE’s Oil & Gas, Digital Energy, Power & Water and Capital Americas businesses. It also will include a new product introduction design center for GE’s Intelligent Platforms business.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book