GE Opens Energy Management Center
The office is located near GE’s Mebane manufacturing plant and will enable the company to streamline the development and production processes of its end-to-end electrical distribution products.
The Mebane facility manufactures products such as lighting panels, power panels, low- and medium-voltage motor control equipment, switchgear and electrical vehicle charging stations. The Cary office co-locates GE’s engineering and product management with other functions under one roof. In addition, it creates a global headquarters for GE’s Power Components and Power Equipment businesses.
GE says the office brings together employees from three of GE Energy Management’s businesses – Industrial Solutions, Digital Energy and Intelligent Platforms. The integration, along with the facility’s close proximity to the Mebane manufacturing operation, enables GE to streamline multiple stages of product development and manufacturing, creating a more efficient process.
The Cary office will serve as a field office for GE’s Oil & Gas, Digital Energy, Power & Water and Capital Americas businesses. It also will include a new product introduction design center for GE’s Intelligent Platforms business.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Combined Heat and Power