GE Opens Energy Management Center
The office is located near GE’s Mebane manufacturing plant and will enable the company to streamline the development and production processes of its end-to-end electrical distribution products.
The Mebane facility manufactures products such as lighting panels, power panels, low- and medium-voltage motor control equipment, switchgear and electrical vehicle charging stations. The Cary office co-locates GE’s engineering and product management with other functions under one roof. In addition, it creates a global headquarters for GE’s Power Components and Power Equipment businesses.
GE says the office brings together employees from three of GE Energy Management’s businesses – Industrial Solutions, Digital Energy and Intelligent Platforms. The integration, along with the facility’s close proximity to the Mebane manufacturing operation, enables GE to streamline multiple stages of product development and manufacturing, creating a more efficient process.
The Cary office will serve as a field office for GE’s Oil & Gas, Digital Energy, Power & Water and Capital Americas businesses. It also will include a new product introduction design center for GE’s Intelligent Platforms business.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex